Item Number: WAL381-1768930
This standard DC (with DCC) locomotive features a five-pole motor with dual flywheels, directional LED headlights, highly detailed body, wheel profiles for operation on Code 55 and larger rail, great decoration and Kato knuckle couplers. It has been converted to DCC operation by changing out the lighting board with the K1D4 DCC decoder. The GE ES44AC will be at home on the head end of your railroad's 2000s and later freight consists.
The ES (Evolution Series) of locomotives are built by GE Transportation Systems and designed to meet the U.S. EPA's Tier 2 locomotive emissions standards that took effect in 2005. These Evolution Series locomotives are equipped with AC traction motors and are powered by a newly designed "GEVO-12" 12 cylinder engine that produces the same power as the 16 cylinder AC4400CW, but with fewer emissions and greater fuel economy. It also carries a redesigned air-to-air dual-fan heat exchanger, which gives it its distinct "oversized" radiator; a common spotting feature for these new locomotives.
- Multiple body styles to reflect different "as delivered" railroad specifications
- Powerful five-pole KATO motor with dual brass flywheels
- Directional Headlight and illuminated, preprinted numberboards
- Illuminated ditch lights
- Kato magnetic knuckle coupler
- DCC compatible with the Train - Control Systems K1D4 included