Item Number: ICMS010
The coastal Type II U-Boats were the first vessels that were built in Germany after the end of World War One. The Improved IIB series submarines were built in Deutsche Werke (U13-U16) and Germania Werft in Kiel (U7-U12, U17-U24). They were all put into service with the Kriegsmarine in 1935-1936. Two flotillas were formed with those vessels - the 1st Weddigen and the 3rd Lohs.
With the beginning of WWII the type II U-Boats were in active use as mine-layers in ports and river estuaries of England and Scotland's Eastern Coast, and for anti-shipping struggle in the English Channel. At the end of 1942, six Type IIB U-Boats were transferred to the black sea. They were used there until September 1944.
Kit has been opened.